Outside of the daily WTF’s I create… one of the larger WTF’s I know is the SQL Server team removing the built in alerts in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008. Naturally I am going to gloss over a lot of this and just link up the code. To go more in depth on this, read the ‘related link’ at the bottom.
Lets walk through the file- (Make sure you have DatabaseMail set up and set the Agent to use DatabaseMail)
- In the @email list variable… set the notification emails you want
- Notice the ‘use MSDB’ - that is SQL Agent’s crib
- You are then going to see the create statements for a variety of alerts in the agent
- the SQL 2000 alerts have some different delay intervals that throw warnings in 05/08. my script fixes that
- Create an operator named ‘DBA’ and assign it the desired emails.
- Add the DBA operator to the alerts and tell it to use email notification
Here is the file: